Montag, 25. August 2014

[Review] Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover



 
What they say:
 
 

 (picture taken from the facebook site for Bifesta Singapore)



Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, PEG-400, Sodium Chloride, PPG-2-Deceth-7, PCA Ethyl Cocoyl Arginate, Disodium Edta, Pentylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hyaluronate
Concerning the ingredients: 

It contains Mineral Oil which a lot of people came to hate in the last few  years. I found an interesting article about this here and also an interesting study on the effects of mineral oil on skin here. Judging from those two texts Mineral Oil doesn't seem as bad as it is seen in the last years. However I think you have to personally judge for yourself. My skin doesn't seem to mind the Mineral Oil in here (especially since I use a face wash afterwards) so I don't mind it.

The product also contains Vitamin B (Panthenol) and Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate) Hyaluron-acid (Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hyaluronate) which are all quite good ingredients.

It's fragance free, colorant free and preservative free.


I ran out of my eye makeup remover when I was in Japan and so I started looking for a new one. I searched online and found out that this one of the most popular eye makeup removers in Japan. It even won an award on the site cosme.net (a japanese beauty site) and is currently ranked no.3 among "point makeup remover".

Texture: This is a two-phase eye makeup remover so it has a watery phase and a oily phase. You have to shake it and combine the two phases before using it.

 Smell: It has a slight smell but nothing too overwhelming.




I tested this remover on 8 products:
Upper row from left to right: Catrice Glamour Doll Mascara waterproof, 
Red Lipstick from Chiffure and Catrice Made to stay Smoothing Lip Polish in 060 Mission Pinkpossible
Lower row from left to right: Dolly Wink Eyeliner in Black, p2 pure last lipliner waterproof in 13 coral, essence Gel eyeliner waterproof in black, essence effect eye pencil long-lasting in 03 steel-smurf and essence liquid ink matt eyeliner waterproof in black


You are supposed to let the remover soak in for about 10 seconds and if you wear anything heavier/waterproof make-up 20-30 seconds. A step that I honestly forget most of the time when I actually remove my makeup "^^


Effects: After ten seconds of soaking in most of the products got away with one swipe of the cotton pad. The only things harder to remove were the Dolly Wink eyeliner, the matt waterproof eyeliner and the Lip Polish. With a few more swipes everything was gone except a stain from the lip polish. But that lip polish is really, really hard to remove. Last time I wore it my lips were stained for 2 days after removing it. (I have no idea what they put in that lip stain....)
I really like this makeup remover. Most of Japanese mascaras is really stubborn to remove and when I was still using my German eye makeup remover it was almost like a battle to remove it. With this it's pretty easy and I don't have to rub harshly on my eyes. The only bad thing: it's kinda hard to get outside of Asia. It retails on amazon for about 16 Dollar and on ebay for around 13 Dollar. (Original Price in Japan is 600-800 Yen).


Repurchase: I would love to. 


Pros: pretty effective, fragance free, colorant free, preservative free

Cons: hard to get outside of asia
 
 
Overall: 4.5/5
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen